Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I bet we've known each other for a million years. And I bet we'll know each other for a million more. Oh it's like I started breathing on the night we kissed. And I can't remember what I ever did before. What would we do baby, without us? What would we do, baby, without us? And there ain't no nothing we can't love each other through. What would we do, baby, without us? Sha-la-la-la."*

   Everything is so wonderful! I've been downing Ashwaganda Root as a solution to my anxiety and maybe it's working and maybe it's a hard-core placebo effect, but I feel somewhat calmer and happier. Yay!
   And here's the most exciting news ever: Family Ties—in its entirety—is now available on Netflix instant stream. Someone up there is listening to me!!!! So now I’ve got my life plans all worked out for the next 1-2 months. Hooray!
Total dreamboat. Looks like he's 12. He's actually 21.
   Okay, this post is a scramble, and that’s not just a clever pun (as you will soon see). Lots of cool things have been happening to me lately. Not really cool things, but things that are mildly amusing but which make me wicked excited anyway. (Having written that, now I’m thinking about how lame I am. I shouldn’t have gone on with that disclaimer for so long. Deep breath. Moving on.)
   I made a hard-boiled egg for lunch yesterday and look what happened:
 
Identical twins!
   It was twins! I seriously sent this photo to at least half a dozen (no pun intended! wham!) people and no one has responded about the coolness of it. Am I alone in thinking that a double yolk is super fascinating on its own and even more fascinating when it’s in hard-boiled form? I ate would-be twins yesterday! Come on, people! I ate twins!
   And now you see how amazing my scrambled pun was. (I’m very disorganized today. Apologies.)
   Ok, so yesterday I very nearly soaked my iPhone (iPhone, iPhone) with hand sanitizer. I was waiting for the bathroom at a restaurant and reading the promotions on the wall outside. Frequently, restaurants here in LA will have random displays with little take-home postcard advertisements and the like. This was a mini-spaceship looking machine. I read only something about the germs on my phone and saw the display underneath. And then I thought I could freely sanitize all the germs from my phone. I ran back to the table and got my phone and tried to read the instructions on how to sanitize it. And…last minute before disaster I discovered it wasn’t a phone sanitizer. It was a hand sanitizer. So…once again I was embarrassed by my inability to read the directions. I was this close to bathing my precious iPhone (iPhone, iPhone) in hand sanitizer. Ugh.
Very close to being a terrible situation for iPhone.
   And last but not least, did you ever think about how much soap we probably eat every year? I've been thinking about it a lot lately. It's especially scary for those of us that have to hand-wash our dishes and aren't super excellent at rinsing. I’m guessing that for those of us without dishwashers, our poo is at least 5% soap. 

   Food for thought.
   Sorry about the lameness of this post. But the quality of the posts is directly related to the quality of my life: and my life is kind of embarrassingly dull. Oh well.
*Theme song from Family Ties (by Jeff Barry and Tom Scott, 1982). 



No comments:

Post a Comment